Friday, February 20, 2009

Train incidents

I take Capitol Corridor between Berkeley and Silicon Valley for my daily commute. It takes about 1hr 15min on the train for one-way. Including the walk to Berkeley station and the driving to the work, it takes about 2hrs in total, for one-way.

Yesterday, there were TWO train incidents: one in the morning, and another in the afternoon. It was my first experience since January, and it was a very bad one. I later found out that one person died in the morning one, which seems to be suicide, by the train that I was about to ride, about 5 mins before I ride it.

It also took 3 additional hours on the way to work, and 2 additional hours on the way back home. Total, I spent 9 hours on the way yesterday!

Lessons learned
- Train can kill people.
- My commute may not be as smooth as I expected.

No comments: